Bradford and District Disabled People's Forum (BDPF) aims and objectives:
- To link disabled people and disability groups together to ensure that they have a stronger voice in the district.
- For the forum is to be run by disabled people for disabled people
- To establish an inclusive partnership of groups bringing together representation from the widest definition of disability including people who are physically disabled, have a sensory impairment, a learning disability, who have or experienced a mental health problem and people who have a long-term illness and/or limiting condition.
- To seek to ensure that disabled people are represented on a wide range of strategic, 'decision making' bodies across the district.
- To ensure that disabled people who are 'experts by personal experience' are able to have a say in the development of services.
- To create a district where all disabled people can participate fully as equal citizens.
- To publicise the Forum and establish accessible ways of communicating, including a website, that will allow groups to share and exchange infomation and ideas.
If you would like to join the Bradford & District Disabled People's Forum (BDPF), please download our membership form and send it back via the adddress enclosed, you can email it to: email@example.com or just get in touch!